Sunday, June 15, 2014

My Personal Journey Today

From a woman in prison to a woman of God who still has that past it occurred to me that maybe the reason I'm not making any close friends at my last church is they all know my past and that's why every time I smile and try to start a conversation they don't make any effort or show any interest in talking to me or inviting my family to eat lunch or to their children's bday parties outside of church. How many of them even know that we are no longer members there after 2 months. One member didn't know as he said see yall at church on sunday, i didn't clue him in but he clued me in that he didn't notice us; we weren't important to him.

It hurts when you've tried for 5 1/2 years to be apart of a church you were welcomed to as a member and then after several different incidents realize you don't belong there. Me being an ex-prisoner and now a completely changed woman after God's heart makes it extra challenging. You'd think that wouldn't be an issue that they would be excited to see such an amazing testimony but it was more like stay away from my children and they avoided me accept when it was a bump in their ratings for being a supporter of prison ministry yet when not one soul offered to write a letter you begin to wonder. their were some financial sponsors and money never seemed to be an issue just dirty hands and feet willing to serve in the battlefield. I dreamed of a prison ministry division with a room where we'd get together and pray for the prisoners and write letters together, but slowly that dream faded as I realized the only thing i was going to get was some stamps and copies each month. That was appreciated but so much more support could have happened.

I know that I can't back down from my testimony as an ex-inmate it's what makes me special in God's kingdom and a powerful witness to woman in prison today and woman getting out looking to follow God's plans. I am a proud mentor and encourager to them. Thank the Lord I didn't turn my head and forget where I came from. I don't regret my past only the sins but the testimony for personal transformation is rich with God's miracles and love and I'll never stop preaching that Jesus is the key to a beautiful life.

He has the power to change the darkest heart into something warm and filled with His light. Their's a difference in the church today where many only have the religion they don't have the relationship which is warm, joy-filled, and praise worthy. I hope you can experience the energizing relationship with Jesus Christ as Your Saviour as I have and the knowing God is always with you and you can count on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment